As we know the popular CMS is WordPress is always hacked by the hackers. Here we have listed a number of security plugins which will help the bloggers to keep secure their data.
Anyways, many bloggers still fall for such trap and download WordPress premium stuff from unreliable sources. In most of the cases, you will not even realize that your blog is hacked and the hacker will be using it for other unethical uses.
let’s see some of the below-listed security plugins which can prevent a major security threat to your website.
If we talk about security, it means that some backup plugins, implementing re-captcha test, secure WordPress directory browsing and since it is impossible to do all the test at a time so these below plugins will help you out to make your site secure.
List of Top WordPress Security Plugins
Before going forward it’s mandatory to look these below and do some homework to complete these below steps.
- Update your WordPress blog to the latest version.
- Update all themes and plugins to the latest version.
- Delete any plugins and themes you are not using.
- Login to your WordPress blog via FTP and check for files which are modified recently. Most of the time this is the easiest way to find recently modified files. You can also use 2nd WordPress security plugin from the list to find recently modified WordPress file.
With one million downloads & rating as 4.9/5, this is the only security WordPress plugin you will ever need. Before I share the feature of WordFence plugin, check out this video to have an overview.
This plugin let you harden your WordPress blog security & also offer real-time protection. This way, you can get rid of any on-going attack on your WordPress blog.
This is a popular security plugin in 2016 & here are the features offered by this one:
- Change default admin username to any other username of your choice.
- Stop user enumeration. So users/bots cannot discover user info via author permalink.
- Protect WordPress site from Brute force attack
- Force logout all users after a specified time.
- See which all users are logged into your WordPress dashboard or site
- You can manually approve user registration.
- Change the WordPress database prefix.
- Identify WordPress files or folder with nonsecure permission settings
This is recommended to download this WordPress security plugin to install and use it to find hacked files. from the personal experience, this plugin helps twice to find the hacked files and quickly fixed my hacked WordPress blog. This plugin scans your hacked blog against multiple known threats and will show you affected file. Below is a screenshot from one of my blog which was hacked around Christmas and I found all the hacked files (It was because of the theme).
Once you activate and run the scan using this plugin, it will take some time to scan your Website. In my case for a small website (less than 50 posts) took about 15 minutes.
It is an excellent security analyzer plugin for WordPress. It offers multiple features to check your WordPress blog for any modified files in the specified range and you can also enhance the security of your WordPress blog by hiding WordPress pieces of information. You can also change WordPress file permission with this plugin. It also tells about invalid login attempts. You can also change the default WordPress database prefix using this plugin with one click.
It is a very good plugin. It scans WordPress files and database and highlights all code which may be suspicious. It shows all suspicious encrypted codes such as base64 decode and hidden code by CSS. This plugin is very useful for an expert.